Google

Monday, June 25, 2007

(Rundgren)

The New Cars! I had the awesomely fun experience of seeing these rock legends at the Tulalip Amphitheater with my friend Kathryn. It rained a bit, but the show was very special indeed. The margaritas did flow and the band rocked. And at the end, there was even a rainbow.





There were a few great musical surprises, too. Todd Rundgren (replacement for the absent Ric Ocasek) is legendary, and I heard that The New Cars were going to play some old Todd classics along with the Cars catalog. They did I Saw The Light, a classic number shown in the video below. But what really blew my mind was when they did Open My Eyes by The Nazz, a very early Todd band that was kind of like an American response to Cream and The Yardbirds. Unfortunately I did not capture it, as my battery had died. I do present to you, however, I Saw The Light...



Here's your chance to GET YOUR NAME IN ROLLING STONE and show Todd love:



(Todd fans who surf in are welcome to contact me for vid of 'Best Friends Girl')

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Did they do Hammer in My Heart or Feet Don't Fail Me Now or any Utopia stuff?

6:26 PM  
Blogger markjamesmurphy said...

No, the only non-Cars songs were Open My Eyes and I Saw The Light. Open My Eyes was part of their encore, and it was very up-tempo, and I dare say BLISTERING. Then the rainbow came out. Wheee!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.